- Goffstown Master Plan 2020 Update
- Recording of January 23, 2021 Community Forum
- Slides Presented at January 23, 2021 Community Forum
- Library Renovation and Expansion Project Costs 2021
- Square Footage Comparisons
- Recording of October 4, 2021 Select Board Meeting, including joint meeting with Library Board of Trustees
- Recording of June 16, 2022 Capital Improvement Program Committee Meeting
- Recording of August 13, 2022 Listening Session
- Slides from November 3, 2022 Listening Session
Specs and Plans
The presented designs for an addition to the Library building are preliminary, with many public forums being planned over the next year to present information and gather feedback from the community. All feedback will be considered and incorporated as best as possible while keeping the library’s functionality and the Trustees’ financial responsibilities in mind.
Project background information:
- The Goffstown Public Library, as of 2022, is 113 years old and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- In 1910, the US Census listed the population of Goffstown at 2,579 people. As of 2022, Goffstown’s population is estimated at around 18,500 people.
- The only expansion to date was the addition of the elevator and emergency stairwell.
- A construction manager and a fundraiser are to be hired in March or April 2021.
- A foundation to assist in this project is being incorporated and has begun meeting.
- There is no budget for the capital campaign yet.
- A committee is being formed to assist the Library Board of Trustees.
- We are currently in phase 2 of a feasibility study with SMP Architects and McFarland Johnson.
- The library has two sources of money: budget (taxpayer money) and bequests and donations.
Past spending for this project:
- 2009 Purchase of the grass lot and upper parking lot adjacent to the current parking lot through Trustee funds: $272,000
- 2018 Community survey about the library expansion
- 2019 Feasibility study was approved by the taxpayers: $80,000 of Trustee unrestricted funds
- 2021 Library Renovation and Expansion, Preconstruction, approved by the taxpayers: $95,000 of Trustee unrestricted funds